Laptops are available in different specifications and are chosen according to the intended purpose. Students require laptops that will easily fit into their lifestyle. Therefore, the best laptops for college students should be affordable, light and comfortable. Additionally, the laptops need to have long battery lives and performance.
The following are ten of the best laptops for college students.
10 Highly Affordable Laptops for College Students
- The HP Pavillion dv6675us; It has a 2.0 Intel core 2 duo processor, a hard disk of 250 GB and 4GB of RAM. The big RAM is quite helpful for students studying sciences and finance as they conduct a lot of computational work.
- The Acer C720 Chrome book; It is good for those students who do not need the Windows’ muscles. It is easy on the pocket; it does most of its operations in the cloud with its Chrome OS. It basically uses Chrome applications such as Gmail, Chrome browser and Picasa among others, to run its operation.
- The Sony Vaio Tap; It is a hybrid laptop that incorporates an Intel Core i5 processor but is still lighter and thinner with a big screen. Its base model enables a double storage capacity.
- The Toshiba A215-S4747 Satellite; It is a budget laptop for students. It has an AMD dual core processor, which works very well with different applications. Other features include a hard disk of 200 GB and a good number of ports.
- The Acer Aspire E1-572-6870; It has a perfect cost to benefit ratio and its display offers enough space at 15.6 inches. Even though it is not a touch-screen, it is highly responsive.
- The Asus N550JV; It has a multimedia power that makes it exceptional for use in college. Students who want to go further than just texting find it perfect. It has a 2.4 GHz and i7 processor that facilitate its operations.
- The Sony VGN-NR; It is a budget laptop for students. It has a T5250 Intel Core 2 duo processor, a hard disk of 160 GB and a 1 GB RAM.
- The Sony Vaio 280E; It is pretty thin and light. It has a 2.0 Intel core 2 duo processor, a hard disk of 250 GB and 2 GB of RAM. It has a Blu-ray writer and can also work with CDs and DVDs.
- The Apple MacBook Pro 13-Inch; It is light, has an i5 processor and a base model screen size. It is meant for excellence while in college.
- The Lenovo X61 ThinkPad; Despite its slightly higher price, it is good for use in college. It is light with a 2 GB RAM, a 2.0 Intel core 2 duo processor and a 100 GB hard drive.
- The Toshiba R500-S5001X Portege; It is light and thin. It is actually the thinnest in the market offered at a reasonable price.
Generally, it is important to do proper research in order to know and buy the best laptops for college students considering the budget and needs.